In August of 1850, nine men gathered in a brush arbor and decided to begin a church in the Grayson community. They named it Chestnut Grove Baptist Church. Their first purchase was two acres of land for $5.00 on which they constructed a log building, used for a church and a school. That spirit of worship and service has been the hallmark of Chestnut Grove throughout its existence, and guides us still today.
Chestnut Grove has served its members and community for over 167 years through faithful obedience to God's Word and gracious service to the families of Grayson.